An account is the ID which players use to play Growtopia.
Before players join the game, they will make an account with no GrowID. Players with no GrowID can change their name anytime, but, cannot transfer game progress to other devices and the game progress can only be accessed on the device.
Features of having no GrowID include:
- Able to change name anytime.
- Names will be followed by an ID from 100 to 999 (e.g. Username_452)
- Unable to use certain features of the game which requires a GrowID.
- No password or email attached to account, cannot be recovered if lost.
A GrowID is the account used by a player who has their progress saved and is able to play on multiple devices. Players cannot change their name (except with the use of a Birth Certificate) and must log in with their GrowID and password.
Features of a GrowID include:
- Unable to change name anytime (except with Birth Certificate)
- Email and password attached to account, allows for changing passwords and saved progress on multiple devices.
- Extra features which require a GrowID.
- Can be logged on with multiple devices.
- AAP to prevent anonymous devices from logging into the account.
To recover a player's password, the player must enter the above website and enter their GrowID and the email used to register their account. After submitting, a verification link will be sent to their email where the player will be able to set a new password.
To recover a player's GrowID, the player must enter their email in the above website which was used to register their account. After submitting, the player's GrowID will be sent to the player's email.
To change a player's email registered to the account, the player must type in their GrowID and their registered email into the above website (note: the IP address of the player must match the one the player last played Growtopia with). After submitting, a verification link will be sent and the player will be able to set up a new email address.