|Collision Type||Full Collision|
|Hardness|| 20 Hits|
Restores after 8s of inactivity.
|Seed Color|| |
|Grow Time||1h 0m 0s|
|Default Gems Drop||N/A|
|Purchase the Zombie Defense Pack for 10,000 in the Growtopia Store.|
""The zombie invasion has come. Protect yourself with a Rare Sawed-Off Shotgun, Combat Vest, Zombie-Stompin' Boots, 3 Traffic Barricades, a Military Radio, and Best of all, you get an Antidote! You'll also get 3 Toxic Waste Barrels, 3 Biohazard Signs, 3 Tombstones, and worst of all, the deadly G-Virus itself! (Rare)! Infect your friends!""
|Every purchase will give 1 item.|
|Drops in sets of 1 from performing a surgery on a/an: |
Player on a Hospital Bed
Player on a Starship Sickbay Bed
This item is obtained as an uncommon/rare drop!
The g-Virus is an unsplicable consumable which was added alongside the Zombie Defense Pack on May 17, 2013.
|You've been infected by the g-Virus. Punch others to infect them, too! Braiiiins...|
|You've been cured.|
When consumed on a player, the g-Virus grants the player the Infected! mod, which transforms the player into a zombie. This direct infection ignores the immunity granted by an Antidote or the Zombie Jammer. When another player gets punched by the zombie, the former also becomes a zombie themselves.
When an infected player chats, their message appears in dark green, with "Zombie speak" added on occasion, such as "BRAINS!" or "Brraaiinnss...". The zombie speak originally extended vowels and alternated capitalization randomly, but that was cut so chatting as a zombie would be less annoying to players.
- The item was added as a prize for the winner of an event hosted by the developers in the GROWTECHPHARMA world on May 17, 2013. A player named Viking later won the g-Virus on that day. Before May 18, the item was unusable and had the name "Mysterious Liquid" (instead of g-Virus). The event's storyline suggests that the zombie virus outbreak began with the stolen g-Virus.
- Prior to May 17, the Mysterious Liquid was named "Stop snooping!".
- Consuming a Homeopathic Medicine on a player also has a chance to turn them into a Zombie.
- When a Weather Machine - Apocalypse is placed in a world, a random player would turn into a Zombie every hour, who could be killed with a gun, although Zombie Brain would not be awarded unless the g-Virus pandemic is in progress.
- When infecting a human, there is a chance to obtain a Vile Vial - Moldy Guts.