|Type||Hand - Clothes|
|Collision Type||Full Collision|
|Hardness|| 0 Hits|
Restores after 0s of inactivity.
|Seed Color|| |
|Grow Time||1h 0m 0s|
|Default Gems Drop||N/A|
|Purchase the Geiger Counter for 25,000 in the Growtopia Store.|
"With this fantabulous device, you can detect radiation around you. It bleeps red, then yellow, then green as you get closer to the source. Who knows what you might find? Not available any other way!"
When equipped, the item may emit one of these three different colored rings, or none at all, which tell how far the player is from the source of radioactivity in the world:
- No rings - Very far.
- Red rings - 15-30 blocks away from the source.
- Yellow rings - 10-15 blocks away from the source.
- Green rings - 6-10 blocks away from the source.
- Rapid green rings - 0-6 blocks away from the source.
Once the player stands still on the source of radioactivity, the item they have found will automatically go into their backpack. If the player's inventory happens to be full, the item will be dropped on the tile they are standing. The player will then receive the Irradiated mod for half an hour and their Geiger Counter will turn into a Dead Geiger Counter.
The list of all possible rewards can be seen below. Each section is sorted from the most common to the rarest.
- Radioactive Chemical
- Orange Stuff
- Purple Stuff
- Blue Stuff
- Green Stuff
- Red Stuff
- White Stuff
- Black Stuff
- Nuclear Fuel
- Star Fuel
- Green Crystal
- Blue Crystal
- Red Crystal
- Anime Female Hair
- Anime Male Hair
- D Battery
- White Crystal
- Black Crystal
- Geiger Charger
Geiger Day Limited Rewards
- Green Geiger V-Neck (replaces Green Stuff)
- Blue Geiger V-Neck (replaces Blue Stuff)
- Purple Geiger V-Neck (replaces Purple Stuff)
- Orange Geiger V-Neck (replaces Orange Stuff)
- Hazmat Boots
- Hazmat Pants
- Hazmat Suit
- Hazmat Helmet
Event Limited Rewards
GEIGERHILLS Limited Reward
- Uranium Block (doesn't use up the Geiger Counter's power, but doesn't count for quests either)
- When the item was originally released, players could only get Radioactive Chemicals from using a Geiger Counter. During the Crystals update, crystals became possible drops, along with other items.
- As of Cinco De Mayo Week 2017, a Geiger Counter can only be used in regular worlds of size 60×100. Therefore, it cannot be used in worlds that have been modified in size.
- During a Night Of The Comet (or in a world with an active Weather Machine - Comet), all Geiger Counters will emit green rings only since the comet messes up with their reading due to cosmic radiation. If a player still manages to find a radioactive item in spite of these hindrances, they will receive the Atomic Luck achievement.
- There is a chance that upon using a Geiger Counter during a Geiger Day, the H.R. Geiger Supervillain will be summoned.
- Geiger Chargers take twice as long to charge a Geiger Counter.