|Type||Hand - Clothes|
|Collision Type||Full Collision|
|Hardness|| 0 Hits|
Restores after 0s of inactivity.
|Seed Color|| |
|Grow Time||1h 0m 0s|
|Default Gems Drop||N/A|
|Purchase the Geiger Counter for 25,000 in the Growtopia Store.|
"With this fantabulous device, you can detect radiation around you. It bleeps red, then yellow, then green as you get closer to the source. Who knows what you might find? Not available any other way!"
|Every purchase will give 1 item.|
|You are detecting radiation...|
|Geiger Counter removed.|
When equipped, the item may emit one of these types of signal rings which tell how far the player is from the source of radioactive point in the world:
- No rings - Very far.
- Red rings - 15-30 blocks away from the source.
- Yellow rings - 10-15 blocks away from the source.
- Green rings - 6-10 blocks away from the source.
- Rapid green rings - 0-6 blocks away from the source.
Once the player stands for a few moments on the source of radioactivity, the item they found will be added into their inventory. If the player's inventory is full, the item will be dropped on the tile they are standing. The player will then receive the Irradiated mod for 30 minutes (15 minutes on Geiger Day) and their Geiger Counter will turn into a Dead Geiger Counter.
The list of all possible rewards can be seen below.
- Star Fuel
- Nuclear Fuel
- Radioactive Chemical
- Orange Stuff
- Purple Stuff
- Blue Stuff
- Green Stuff
- Red Stuff
- White Stuff
- Black Stuff
- Green Crystal
- Blue Crystal
- Red Crystal
- White Crystal
- Black Crystal
- D Battery
- Geiger Charger
Geiger Day Limited Rewards
- Green Geiger V-Neck (replaces Green Stuff)
- Blue Geiger V-Neck (replaces Blue Stuff)
- Purple Geiger V-Neck (replaces Purple Stuff)
- Orange Geiger V-Neck (replaces Orange Stuff)
- Hazmat Helmet
- Hazmat Suit
- Hazmat Pants
- Hazmat Boots
- Digital Sign
- Anime Female Hair
- Anime Male Hair
Event Limited Rewards
- Ruby Shard (Valentine's Week only)
- Tree Decorations (WinterFest only)
- Rave Haze Light (Anniversary Week only)
- Retro Record Block (Anniversary Week only)
- Shamrock Lights (St. Patrick's Week only)
- Neon Wings (Wing Week specific days only)
GEIGERHILLS Limited Reward
- Uranium Block (doesn't use up the Geiger Counter's power, but doesn't count for quests either)
- When the item was originally released, players could only get Radioactive Chemicals and Star Fuels from using a Geiger Counter. Since the Crystals update, crystals became possible rewards, along with other items.
- As of Cinco De Mayo Week 2017, a Geiger Counter can only be used in regular worlds of size 100 x 60 (54 excluding bedrock). Therefore, it cannot be used in worlds that have been modified in size.
- During a Night Of The Comet (or in a world with an active Weather Machine - Comet), all Geiger Counters will emit green rings only since the comet messes up with their reading due to cosmic radiation. If a player still manages to find a radioactive item in spite of these hindrances, they will receive the Atomic Luck achievement.
- Using a Geiger Counter during a Geiger Day, there is a chance that H.R. Geiger Supervillain will be summoned.
- Geiger Charger is a block that could be used to charge a Dead Geiger Counter by clicking on the Dead Geiger Counter in your backpack and clicking on the placed empty Geiger Charger block afterwards. Using a Geiger Charger takes twice the time to charge compared to equipping the item on your hand.
- Some normal rewards might not be obtainable during some special events.
- Only one source are generated at a time. Two or more player holding Geiger counter at the same time will recieve signal from the same source.