|Type||Hand - Clothes|
|Collision Type||Full Collision|
|Hardness|| 0 Hits|
Restores after 0s of inactivity.
|Seed Color|| |
|Grow Time||1h 0m 0s|
|Default Gems Drop||N/A|
|With this handy device, you can detect radiation. As you get closer to the source, the device will ping red, then yellow, then green for the closest. Stand still where you think the source is and you just might find it!|
- The Geiger Counter enables you to find Radioactive Chemicals, Stuffs and Crystals. It costs 25,000 gems in the Growtopia Store.
- You can remove the irradiated effect and charge a Dead Geiger Counter by using Hot Chocolate on yourself.
How to use
When equipped, this item will emit 3 different colored rings around your player, namely Red, Yellow & Green. Each color has a respective distance.
- No Rings - You are very far from the source of radioactivity.
- Red Ring - You are relatively far from the source of radioactivity.
- Yellow Ring - You are near to the source of radioactivity.
- Double Green Rings - You are very near to the source of radioactivity.
- Rapid Double Green Rings - You are extremely close in range to the source of radioactivity.
- If you are using in the same world as someone you would have the same signal.
One very useful way to find exactly where the source is, find how wide the green rings last for (e.g. 15 blocks), go to the middle and dig up or down. The source is exactly in the middle of the area which produces green rings.
Upon reaching the hidden source of radioactivity you will receive either one the following items:
New blocks has been added from the Block Party, thus the addition of getting the 4 colored stuffs from the Geiger Counter.
From 21 November 2015:
From 2015 WinterFest:
From Player Appreciation Week
From 2017 Valentines:
When the dead geiger is held, you will have an effect "Charging Geiger Counter"
After finding the source, you'll have an effect called "Irradiated." This means, you'll not be able to find any radioactivity for 30 minutes. At the same time, your Geiger Counter will be replaced by Dead Geiger Counter
Note: If the Geiger Counter is used on Night of The Comet Event, the geiger will always emit Green rings but not green (faster), because the comet's radiation is messing up the counter. If you manage to find one, you will get an achievement, Atomic Luck.
Note: Geiger counters charge 1% every 20 seconds, (31 min for 100%). Charging your geiger in geiger charging worlds will not speed up the charging, just stand in any world.
- You can actually change the location of the source of radioactivity by changing the settings of the Weather Machine-Stuff
- Due to TINY being the tiniest world, you can find the source of radioactivity by the easiest.
- When someone in the same world as you finds an item from a geiger counter the location and signal of your geiger counter changes!