|Type||Giving Tree - Foreground|
|Collision Type||No Collision|
|Hardness|| 10 Hits|
Restores after 5s of inactivity.
|Seed Color|| |
|Grow Time||1h 0m 0s|
|Default Gems Drop||N/A|
|Chopping GROWCH Trees|
|1 can be obtained by punching any of the Giving Trees found in the world GROWCH.|
The Giving Tree is a non-solid pseudo-provider foreground block which was added as part of WinterFest 2015.
When a Giving Tree is harvested (by being punched), a Winter Gift will be placed into the player's inventory. If the player's inventory is full, the Winter Gift will drop on the ground instead. A Giving Tree can be harvested every 4 hours, provided that WinterFest is still ongoing. Each tree can be harvested one time once WinterFest is over.
If Tree Decorations have been used, a Giving Tree will produce a special WinterFest item instead. A ready-to-harvest Giving Tree cannot be given any more Tree Decorations. Each Tree Decorations is worth 1%, and a maximum of 100 can be given to a single tree. Harvesting a Giving Tree will make it lose all of its decorations.
|Giant Festival Lantern||15–19%|
|Candy Cane Bait||20–24%|
|Partridge in a Pear Tree||45–49% |
→ Requires Growch heart size 1.
|Weather Machine - Snowy Night||90–94%|
Giving Trees found in the world GROWCH are currently the only source of obtaining new Giving Trees. Punching one with a Lumber Axe equipped will turn it into a Giving Tree Stump, break the axe, and give the player a single Giving Tree item, as well as 1–4 Axe Fragments.
Giving Tree Stumps will automatically regrow into Giving Trees after a while. Moreover, all Giving Tree Stumps will instantly regrow into Giving Trees if a Winter Gift is used on one of them. The Winter Gift will not be consumed. There is, however, a cooldown period of approximately one minute, during which Giving Tree Stumps cannot regrow via the aforementioned method.
Winter Wish List
This item is used in the Winter Wish List daily task:
- Cut Down Giving Trees (0/100)
- Decorate Giving Trees (0/100)
- Open gifts from under Giving Trees (0/50)
Each daily task can be only completed once per day. Completing each one will yield 10 Wishes each.
- The Giving Tree is based on a traditional Christmas tree, a decorated tree, usually an evergreen conifer, typically associated with gift-giving and the celebration of Christmas. During Christmastime, such trees are usually adorned with a wide variety of festive ornaments, such as garlands, baubles, tinsel, and candy canes, thus inspiring the Giving Tree's in-game look.
- The name "Giving Tree" may be derived from the title of the famous children's book The Giving Tree, written and illustrated by Shel Silverstein.
- Each world can only contain a maximum of 20 Giving Trees.
- Snow will appear on Giving Trees placed in worlds where the activated weather machine is a Weather Machine - Snowy or a Weather Machine - Snowy Night.
- Despite functioning like a typical provider, Giving Trees are not considered as true providers by the game. Harvesting them will not contribute any progress to provider quests.