This item cannot be dropped or traded.
This item has no use... by itself.
|Collision Type||No Collision|
|Hardness|| 1 Hits|
Restores after 1s of inactivity.
|Seed Color|| |
|Grow Time||1h 0m 0s|
|Default Gems Drop||N/A|
The Growtoken is an unsplicable component which was added as part of the Growtokens! update on March 30, 2014.
Growtokens are obtainable throughout a number of ways:
- Purchasing from Locke The Traveling Salesman or the Lock-Bot for 1 Diamond Lock each.
- Purchasing from Sales-Man for 100 Caducei, 20 Wolf Tickets, 300 Zombie Brains, 100 Mac n' Cheese Stars or 100 Buckazoids.
- Completing the Daily Quest from Crazy Jim.
- Completing all three Life Goals (Level 60 and 60% Awesomeness required).
- Completing all Daily Bonuses for 2 Growtokens (Level 65 and 65% Awesomeness required).
- Successfully winning a World Of The Day for 10 Growtokens.
- Successfully winning a Video Of The Week for 20 Growtokens.
- Purchasing the Gem Fountain for 1 Growtoken or the It's Rainin' Gems bundle for 2 Growtokens.
- Placing in the top 100 players during a Grow Event for 1 Growtoken.
- Redeeming a 14-Day Free Subscription Token by watching 100 advertisement videos for 1 Growtoken.
- Purchasing a 30-Day Premium Subscription Token for 2 Growtokens.
- Purchasing a 1-Year Subscription Token for 25 Growtokens.
- Completing the first role quest for the day for 1 Growtoken.
- Using 1 Level 30 Apprentice Ticket for 1 Growtoken.
- Using 1 Level 30 Mentor Ticket for 2 Growtokens.
- Gaining 600 Royal Winter Seal during WinterFest for 5 Growtokens.
- Answering the monthly survey found in the Growtopia Gazette.
- Gaining 600 and 1,300 Grow Pass Points with Royal Grow Pass or gaining 1,700 Grow Pass Points with Free Grow Pass.
See main article: Growtoken Store
A player can buy exclusive items for Growtokens in the Growtoken Store.
- Growtokens were originally designed to award tokens based on the popularity of a certain world (i.e. a popular world would receive more Growtokens. They were also designed so that players could neither drop or trade them and could only spend them in the Growtoken Store.
- The Growtoken system was first implemented into the game on 30 March 2014. At first, these tokens were extremely difficult to obtain, leading players to believe that it was an April Fools prank and that the item did not exist.
- After more than two years later and many complaints about the unfairness and scams which were going on in the community, the entire Growtoken system was overhauled during the Systems update on September 2, 2016. The NPC Crazy Jim was introduced, throughout whom players could obtain the Growtoken via Daily Quests and Daily Bonuses. A new rating system was introduced, which allowed players to rate others' worlds from one to five. If a world placed in the top rankings, the owner would receive several Growtokens, depending on their rank.
- However, many players started to complain after rating groups were formed, which in turn, made the competition unfair. On the fourth Anniversary Week on January 6, 2017, the entire rating system was scrapped (players could still rate worlds but would no longer give any Growtokens). Instead, the Sales-Man was introduced which allowed players to purchase Growtokens in exchange for Caduceus or Wolf Ticket. World Of The Days also gave out 10 Growtokens and Video Of The Week gave out 20 Growtokens.
- Since the Night of the Sewing Dead update on February 3, 2017, the Growtoken had become purchasable from the Sales-Man for Zombie Brain, and after the Cooking update on April 1, 2017, the Growtoken became purchasable from the Sales-Man for Mac n' Cheese Star.
- As of Player Appreciation Week 2018, players can compress 100 Growtoken into a Mega Growtoken, allowing them to hold more than 200 of them. Subscription tokens added as well, giving the player two Growtoken for the purchase of a 30-Day Premium Subscription Token and 25 Growtoken for the purchase of a 365-Day Premium Subscription Token.
- On June 1, 2018, the Summer Clash was introduced for the first time; top 100 players would all receive a Growtoken each. As of the Role Up! update on September 7, 2018, the first role quest of the day would give the player one Growtoken.
- As of July 1, 2018, as part of the Startopia update, a Growtoken can be purchased from the Sales-Man for 100 Buckazoid.