Welcome to the Growtopia Wiki, where information about Growtopia can be found. For this to happen, however, there must be articles filled with the necessary information - this is where editors come in.
We hope to provide a good and clean layout for the reader to read, so we hope that articles match the following expectation.
- Sufficiency: The article should have sufficient information. Add the required information if you know about it.
- Relevance: The article should contain relevant information. Do not add useless or unrelated information.
- Neatness: Information should not be scattered around the page. It should be easy to read.
- Language and Formatting: Please be aware of any grammar, punctuation and sentence-structuring errors.
- All articles in the Growtopia Wiki are to be written in English. Editors are allowed to use either British or American spelling, but should be consistent and use only either one within one article.
- Date formatting can either be written as "26 November 2021," or "November 26, 2021." However, it is required for the month's name to be spelled out entirely.
- Neutral Point of View: Avoid adding your own opinion. Be neutral and add objective information. Avoid second-person language (words such as "you" and "your").
Standard Page Layout
We hope to keep each page looks uniform, so we have a fixed layout for each item page.
1. Item Infobox
At the beginning of a page, an Item Template is needed. Use Template:Item to create it.
|Collision Type||No Collision|
|Hardness|| 2 Hits|
Restores after 2s of inactivity.
|Seed Color|| |
|Grow Time||1h 0m 0s|
|Default Gems Drop||N/A|
2. Recipe Infobox
Followed by the Item Infobox, a recipe Template is needed. Please put it right below the Item Infobox Template. If there is no template for the item, write about the recipe in the Overview section instead.
Take a look at the Templates Documentation for more information.
|Participate in successfully smashing an Ultra Pinata during the Pinata Bash! event.|
|May give 1 item each time.|
An overview should provide basic information about the item. Do not add headers for this section.
This section should usually contain the item name, a short description of the item (such as whether it is a block, background tile, hand item, etc.), what it does (if possible) and when it was introduced into the game (if possible). If the item has no recipe template, insert the recipe here. Place the item name in bold.
The Avocado is an unsplicable consumable which was added as part of Cinco De Mayo Week 2017 on May 5, 2017.
This section should provide the direct function and mod of the item and, if possible, information regarding achievements or recipes revolving around the particular item.
|It ain't easy being you.|
|Healthy color restored.|
When consumed on a player, the Avocado gives the Envious mod, which turns the player's skin's color green.
5. Trivia (Optional)
Put trivial things in this section, such as extra information.
Remember to always use bullets! The header for this section should be named "Trivia" too.
6. Gallery (Optional)
If you have any images of the item, you can add a gallery section. Avoid images of item descriptions and items in inventory. If a username is included in the image, make sure to crop it out. If any player is in an image and does not need to be there, make sure to remove it.
Captions are the lines of text found under individual gallery images. While they are optional, their main purpose is to summarise and describe the contents of the image. Captions are typically written in sentence fragments rather than complete sentences, and therefore should not end with a period. If a complete sentence is written in a caption, all sentences including sentence fragments in that caption should end with a period.
- The textures of Dirt during WinterFest (sentence fragment; does not end with a period)
- The inventory icon of Dirt also changes during WinterFest. (complete sentence; ends with a period)
- The textures of Dirt during WinterFest. The inventory icon of Dirt also changes during WinterFest. (mixed; while the first sentence is a sentence fragment, the second one is a complete sentence and therefore both sentences should end with a period)
<gallery> MyImage.jpg|Caption Under the Image </gallery>
7. Video (Optional)
Add a related video or two to a page if there is one. Use the header "Video".