Levels are a feature in the game. The player's level represent their experience in the game. They distinguish players who are experienced and players who are unfamiliar to the game, though this may be false to some.
Activities such as breaking blocks, harvesting trees and earning Achievements can increase your level in the game. A player's level can be increased by earning XP, or experience points. One can gain XP from various activities.
|Feeding/Watering a Silkworm||10|
|Consuming a Experience Potion||10,000|
|Farming (Harvesting a Tree and Breaking a Block)||1 + Rarity/5, with the trailing digits truncated [Rarity dependent]|
|Performing a Successful Surgery||50|
|Fishing||1 XP per 10lbs of fish caught.|
|Completing a Wolfworld||50|
|Shattering a Harmonic Crystal||20|
|Putting Out a Fire||1|
|Finding a Geiger Item||10|
|Compacting a Clothing||1|
|Winning a Carnival Game||5|
|Completing a Ringmaster Quest Step||100|
|Forging an Item||100|
|Sewing an Item||20|
|Using a consumable.||1|
The Big XP Patch
On March 1, 2016, there was a huge XP Patch. The XP gain was completely overhauled. The patch made certain activities give XP to the player, and levelling up much faster and easier.
Collecting gems does not give XP anymore. On the other hand, breaking blocks gives up to 20x more XP, depending of the rarity. The XP earned per block is calculated by finding rarity/5 and rounding it up. For example, a Crystal Block would give 20 XP when destroyed.
Trees and Blocks
The experience that a player could get from harvesting trees was doubled, and breaking blocks now give more experience, instead of just 1 XP for any type of block.
The formula, as of March 1, 2016's XP patch, is calculated as follows:
E = 1 + ⌊R ÷ 5⌋
- E is the amount of experience earned from breaking or harvesting the block or tree respectively,
- R is the rarity of the block or tree.
- A Mini Growtopian is rewarded to the player once they have reached Level 50.
- A Mini-You is rewarded to the player once they have reached Level 50 and played for two years (730 days).
- A Party Fowl is rewarded to the player once they have reached Level 50 and played for three years (1095 days).
- Floating Speakers are rewarded to the player once they have reached Level 50, played for five years (1826 days) and have a gaming time of over 500 hours.
- Superstar Shades are rewarded to the player once they have reached Level 50, played for six years (2190 days) and have a gaming time of over 600 hours.