The staff of Growtopia is a group of people assigned with different tasks to assist the players, engage with the community, collate feedback, and enforce the rules in the game, Discord server, and the forums. Under Ubisoft's reign, there are currently five types of staff members in Growtopia, namely: Abu Dhabi Community Team, Abu Dhabi Dev Team, Canada Community Team, Moderators, and Guardians.
- 1 Original Developers
- 2 Ubisoft Abu Dhabi Community Team
- 3 Ubisoft Abu Dhabi Dev Team
- 4 Canada Community Team
- 5 Moderators
- 6 Guardians
- 7 Former Staff Members
- 8 Growtech Roleplay Accounts
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
- 11 References
The original developers are the creators of the game. They were responsible for things implemented in the game. Like moderators, they enforced the rules in the game.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi Community Team
They manage the Community and oversee all Customer Support matters, ensuring all of the Growtopian's feedback is heard, communicated internally & responded to. They raise concerns by the community to improve the game experience. This team also engages with the players, moderates in-game, monitors the game health and creates community content on the Growtopia Social Media channels and on the forums. They also provide assistance via ticket support and prevent actions breaching community guidelines and rules.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi Dev Team
They develop the game, make improvements and fix issues along the way. They also create new content in the game and make adjustments based on the Community Team's feedback. @Ubidev, @UbiOps and, @Qadevone are Ubisoft's test account but is considered a developer account.
Canada Community Team
They support the Ubisoft Abu Dhabi team to cover more time zones and provide support to players via tickets and in-game moderation. They also engage with the community in the game and on the forums.
They monitor the player’s behavior in-game as well as the forums, enforce the game rules and punish those who do breach them. They help players with their issues, interact & engage with them, making our community a friendlier place!
Moderators are picked from the community and are granted special commands that normal players are restricted to use. As a reward for their hard work and dedication of moderating the community, they are usually given various items. Such items include:
|@Solorien||Solorien On Fire|
They monitor the game and the forums to help Growtopians have a better experience, as well as warn players and issue light punishments.
Former Staff Members
Former staff members are from Ubisoft Abu Dhabi, Canada Team, Moderators, or Guardians that have been demoted either for their wrongdoings, being inactive, or voluntarily stepping down.
Former Ubisoft Abu Dhabi/Canada Team Members
|Reg4shi||Support Specialist||Reg4shi's Archangel Wings|
|Starkos||Ubisoft Abu Dhabi Dev Team|
|Ezzerio||Ubisoft Abu Dhabi Community Team|
|Gallifreyo||Ubisoft Abu Dhabi Community Team|
|NekoRei||Community Manager||NekoRei's Fluffy Tail|
Former Voluntary Moderators
|Muninn||Munnin's Unity Wings|
|jairrocket||Dark Cult Hood|
|MightyBOOSH||Super Logo - MightyBOOSH|
|Zerkon (previously Minecraftis)||Evil Space Helmet(purchasable from the Growtoken Store for 200 Growtokens)|
|Coldplay||Frosty Hair (purchasable from the Growtoken Store for 200 Growtokens)|
|Thadirth (Mrthadawee during his time as a mod)||N/A|
|Zentsuji/Zenhaji (AtomicShadow during his time as a mod)||Atomic Shadow Scythe (purchasable from the Growtoken Store for 200 Growtokens)|
|meow||Meow Ears (purchasable from the Growtoken Store for 200 Growtokens)|
|InFocus||Focused Eyes (purchasable from the Growtoken Store for 100 Growtokens)|
|Seil||Seil's Magic Orbs (purchasable from the Growtoken Store for 200 Growtokens)|
|INightmareI (previously Amity)||N/A|
|Greenswe||Green Dragon Mask|
|Tony26||Tony's Tiger Mask and Tony's Tiger Suit|
|diichaan||Golden Pickaxe (purchasable from the Growtoken Store for 200 Growtokens)|
|Chudy||Possessed Witch Hat|
|MrMehMeh||Meh, Bunny Suit and Meh, Bunny Mask|
|Zfert||Water Spirit Necklace|
|Diversa (Previously Rush)||Rushboard|
|ShadowSURFER||Shadow Wolf Leash|
Growtech Roleplay Accounts
- GrowSecLarry - @Hamumu
- GrowSecJerry - @Jens
- GrowTech Security (Part of G-Virus storyline & GrowTechIndustries storyline)
- Z. Everett Koop - @Aimster (Part of G-Virus storyline GrowTechchaos WOTD & GrowTechIndustries storyline)
- Sometimes, a developer or moderator may take the name of a character to use in special events, storylines, or for fun.
- @Satan (Special appearances at "HELL")
- The Garbage Master (Garbage release in GARBAGEMOUNTAIN)
- @Dr. Destructo (special event)
- @Mysterious Cultist (for Halloween Week)
- @GrowgaSeth (for Halloween Week)
- @PartySeth (for Player Appreciation Week)
- @RacingSeth (For KYDERBY)
- The developers formerly used a moderator application as a means of recruiting mods.
- Some moderators can request a Special event (such as KYDERBY).
- Moderators and Developers can break blocks in worlds they don't have access to.
- Developers have a '?' where their level is supposed to be. The same does not go for moderators.
- @Seth and @Hamumu are the only ones who have different flags. @Seth has an RTsoft flag while @Hamumu has a Yerfdog flag.
- Former moderator bungbi has a YouTube channel named Wobbly BungBi.
- Former moderator Zerkon has a YouTube channel named Zerkon Games.
- Former moderator STYX has a Discord Server named STYXSQUAD.
- Former moderator @ShadowSURFER has a YouTube Channel named ShadowSurfer.
- Moderator @Jens has a twitch and Youtube channel called JensBeard.
- @Jenuine and @Anulot own a twitch account together called Jenulot.
- useruser3 was the first mod to retire, due to personal reasons.
- AV8R was temporarily banned due to getting his account hacked. He was later returned his account but was removed of his moderator status.
- PixelMorph was permanently banned after he purposely stole items from worlds of banned players as a method of quitting the game.
- JustNothing was permanently suspended for allowing his cousin to operate the account and lead to abuse of power.
- AtkinsSJ was hacked after he mentioned that he was quitting and was permanently banned afterwards.
- Shadowsurfer, STYX, useruser3, and Jens are the only moderators to return after retiring.
- @ExeCutie was Growtopia's first community manager. She later left due to her getting married.
- On the 11 December 2017, a security exploit was used to gain unauthorized access to developers @Seth and @Hamumu's accounts. Valuable items were unfairly distributed throughout the game and world data was corrupted, leading the Growtopia Team's decision to Rollback to the 12/10/17.
- JustNothing was the first Moderator to obtain the Legendary Title.
- Messaging a Moderator will give the player a warning that says "Note: Message a mod ONLY ONCE about an issue. Mods don't fix scams or replace items, they punish players who break the /rules. For issues related to account recovery or purchasing, contact support at https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/games/5847"
- On October 7, 2019, Baskerville publicized a Meet the Team forum thread, which features all staff member's introductions and social media accounts.
- As of November 14, 2019. Guardians are now the entry point before becoming a Moderator.