This item can only be used in World-Locked worlds.
This item can't be destroyed - smashing it will return it to your backpack if you have room!
|Type||Vending Machine - Foreground|
|Collision Type||No Collision|
|Hardness|| 10 Hits|
Restores after 5s of inactivity.
|Seed Color|| |
|Grow Time||1h 0m 0s|
|Default Gems Drop||N/A|
|Purchase the Vending Machine for 8,000 in the Growtopia Store.|
"Tired of interacting with human beings? Try a Vending Machine! You can put a stack of items inside it, set a price in World Locks, and people can buy from the machine while you sit back and rake in the profits! It's a perma-item, is never lost when destroyed, and it is not available any other way."
The Vending Machine is an unsplicable non-solid foreground block which was added on the sixth day of Player Appreciation Week 2015.
When a machine runs out of stock, it will show an "OUT OF ORDER" message, which renders it unusable by everybody except the owner of the world.
- The Vending Machine has been a prominent scamming method. Several precautions have been added to ensure players won't get scammed, such as:
- When a player changes the price of a Vending Machine, they will shout out the price of the item.
- The default number of items one can buy is made to be zero.
- Smaller images of the sold goods are added to Vending Machines to prevent misreading.
- A trade confirmation screen has been added.
- One needs to be directly in front of a Vending Machine to be able to purchase its items.
- One cannot purchase anything from a Vending Machine placed in a locked area made public.
- One cannot break a Vending Machine placed in a public locked area either.
- The maximum limit of items which can be put inside a Vending Machine is set as 5,199.
- Only the owner of the world can manipulate the price of the world's Vending Machines.
- The Vending Machine needs to be emptied first before it can be smashed.
- The Vending Machine requires 15 seconds to "warm up" when an item is placed inside.
- The feature to add the "OUT OF ORDER" sign and the World Lock icon onto a Vending Machine was added on Player Appreciation Week 2017.
- The feature to display the sold item or a warning sign on a Vending Machine was added on Player Appreciation Week 2018.
- If a player does not have enough World Locks to afford the items in a Vending Machine, a message will be displayed, saying: "You can't afford that many!"
- If a player tries to buy more items than available, a message will be displayed, saying: "There aren't enough available to fulfill your order!"
- If a player tries to buy a negative amount of items from a Vending Machine, a message will be displayed, saying: "NEGATIVE, DOES NOT COMPUTE"
- If a player sets the price as negative or more than 20,000 World Locks (200 Diamond Locks), a message will be displayed, saying: "Well, that's a silly price."
- Attempting to break a Vending Machine with items inside it will display the message: "Empty the machine before smashing it!"
- If a player tries to place a stack of locks inside a Vending Machine, a message will be displayed, saying: "No, no, no!"
- If a player tries to place a fish in a Vending Machine, a message will be displayed, saying: "Fish would rot in a Vending Machine."
- The Vending Machine can be upgraded to a DigiVend Machine for 4,000 Gems.