This item has special properties you can adjust with the Wrench.
This item can't be destroyed - smashing it will return it to your backpack if you have room!
A lock makes it so only you (and designated friends) can edit an area.
|Type||Lock - Foreground|
|Collision Type||Full Collision|
|Hardness|| 42 Hits|
Restores after 5s of inactivity.
|Seed Color|| |
|Grow Time||1h 0m 0s|
|Default Gems Drop||N/A|
|Purchase the World Lock for 2,000 in the Growtopia Store.|
"Become the undisputed ruler of your domain with one of these amazing babies. It works like a normal lock except it locks the entire world! Won't work on worlds that other people already have locks on. You can even add additional normal locks to give access to certain areas to friends. It's a perma-item, and is never lost when destroyed. Recycles for 200 Gems"
|Every purchase will give 1 item.|
|Purchase the World Lock Pack for 20,000 in the Growtopia Store.|
"10-pack of World Locks. Become the undisputed ruler of up to TEN kingdoms with these babies. Each works like a normal lock except it locks the entire world! Won't work on worlds that other people already have locks on. You can even add additional normal locks to give access to certain areas to friends. It's a perma-item, is never lost when destroyed. Each recycles for 200 Gems."
|Every purchase will give 10 items.|
The World Lock is considered to be Growtopia's main currency due to its versatility and Gems being untradable.
When placed in a world where no other locks have been placed by other players, a World Lock proceeds to lock the entire world, giving the owner of the lock full control over the world and a bright green name while they are in the world. By default, only the world's owner has access to modify the world, but they can add other players to the lock, who will then be given light green names, whereas the owner's name is a darker shade of green. Players who are offered access must wrench themselves and accept the access in order to be given the access.
When 100 World Locks are tapped on in the inventory, a Diamond Lock will be created. If 100 World Locks are being turned to world locks, the remaining 100 World Locks are still in the inventory. The following messages appear under these circumstances:
When compressed, it says: "You compressed 100 World Locks into a Diamond Lock!"
When shattered, it says: "You shattered a Diamond Lock into 100 World Locks!"
Among the benefits earned by being an owner of a World-Locked world are being able to:
- Make Sheet Music invisible to the public and transparent to the ones with access to the World Lock.
- Disable Sheet Music from being played throughout the world.
- Set the world to Public and anyone is able to place any block except for Locks.
- Add and remove the access of players from the lock (players with access can remove their own access too upon wrenching).
- Change the music's speed (BPM).
- Set the world category (for rating).
- Obtain the World Key (this can only be obtained if no one else has access to the lock and there aren't any dropped items).
- Able to insert and remove items from a Vending Machine.
- Place other Locks in the world such as Small Locks, Big Locks, Huge Locks and Builder's Locks (note, even admins do not have permission to these locks unless they are given it).
- Able to set world timer to autokick people who have been in a world for longer than a preset amount of time.
- Able to set the minimum level to enter worlds.
- Set home as a world alternate to /sethome.
Among the benefits earned by being an owner or co-owner of a World-Locked world are being able to:
- Modify any part of the world except for areas where the owner has placed a lock.
- Kick players in the world, forcing players to respawn and ignoring checkpoints (excluding the owner), by using /kick or the Wrench. (Owner can kick anybody)
- Ban players from the world for one hour (excluding the owner and the ones who have access) by using /ban or the Wrench.
- Pull any player from their current position in the world to wherever players with access are (excluding the owner), by using /pull or the Wrench.
- Kick all players to the white door within 5 seconds (excluding the owner and those with access) by using /kickall (this takes 10 mins to recharge).
- Unban all players from the world.
- If a player does not have room in their inventory while trying to break the World Lock, it will refuse to be broken.
- Anybody with access to a World Lock, or any other locks, can remove their own access by wrenching the World Lock or by typing in /unaccess.
- When the game was first created, World Locks were priced at 10,000 gems but was reduced to 2,000 gems due to complaints of them being overpriced.
- People with access to the World Lock (excluding the owner) cannot edit Vending Machines. The Machine will instead count anybody with access as a normal player. People with access CAN still break the Vending Machines as long as it's empty.
- A player can obtain a World Key and remove the World Lock. The World Key would still be in the inventory.
- During Player Appreciation Week 2015, World Keys could be sold with Vending Machines, but the world would not transfer to the buyer, yet still taking the buyer's World Locks. This was fixed shortly after.
- If a World Lock is removed from a world, all Achievement Blocks will have their modifications removed.
- On July 2, 2015, a new update was released for the World Lock and other locks where the outlines of locks when dropped or inside inventories were made orange to help differentiate locks from other items.
- On January 24, 2018, a World Lock Pack was added to the store, allowing players to buy ten World Locks for 20,000 Gems.